[argyllcms] Re: colorimeter corrections white patch

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 18:02:38 +1100

Tilman Holzhauer wrote:

> Thank you for the answer, but I am not sure if that was my question:) I
> actually asked
> that in the dispcalGUI forum and Florian recommended asking you here. When I
> create
> corrections with a spectro for my colorimeter in dispcalGUI, R, G, B and a
> white patch
> are measured, right?

Sorry, but you didn't indicate the context.

A 3x3 matrix is created to best fit the measurements of the spectrometer
patch XYZ to the colorimeter XYZ values.

> But in the end I get only xy and Y values for R, G, B...how are
> the results of the white patch calculated into the xyY RGB values?

It's not entirely clear what you mean. Your corrected measurement
XYZ values are the instrument measured XYZ multiplied by the correction
matrix. It's hard to say exactly what contribution the white patch makes
to the matrix - the fit is least squares sum of the delta E94 of all the
instrument calibration patches.