[argyllcms] Re: colink helpful U/GCR and TAC options

  • From: "Martin Weberg" <martin.weberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:59:29 +0200

2008/10/15 Kai-Uwe Behrmann:
> xicclu gives attached gray curves back for below suggested -kp + -l300 and
> FOGRA29L.txt (uncoated). The screenshot appears not to be very smooth.

I used FOGRA39L.txt (coated) and I think (I have not tested it) the
uncoated dataset need other -kp values. Then I made a preliminary
profile:
colprof -v -ql -b -no -ni FOGRA39L.ti3
then
xicclu -g -kp 0 .3 .94 .94 .48 -l300 -fif -ir FOGRA39L.icc
output looks like the attached file. I could not get it any smoother.

I never made an icc-profile using these parameters, beleaving it would
be similar.

> How important are the gray response curves of the profile?

I have built profiles for inkjets and if the curves are too spikey or
CMY drops too early/sudden onto the K ramp (before K levels out) I
often get banding in the gray ramp output as result.

Martin Weberg