[argyllcms] Re: chartread feature request / pipedream...

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:59:17 +1000

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:
Upon having read the last strip, chartread could build a low-res, heavily-smoothed model from the readings, then find the peak fitting error for each strip. The overall peak error would be displayed - and then, when the user uses the forward and backward controls to select a strip for re-reading, the current fitting error for that strip would be displayed. I think that would help a lot in increasing confidence in a set of readings.

Hmm. Anything is possible of course. Since Argyll is a "tools" sort of
system, the approach would be to get profcheck to annotate the .ti2 file
with the delta E of each patch, and then make chartread offer to read
strips in max to min delta E order.

But I'm more interested in why you need to use this approach. Do
you think strips get misread ? Do the patch values vary a lot with
each attempt at reading ? Is the instrument moving too fast ?

I've changed the algorithm for "slicing" the patches out of a strip
in the development code stapshot <http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_dev_src.zip>
- does this work any better ?