[argyllcms] cctiff intent question

  • From: Martin Lederhilger <martin.lederhilger@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 22:11:02 +0200

Hello,

 I have a question regarding the intent switches of cctiff. I want to convert
with absolute rendering intent, and if I run cctiff with

cctiff -ip sRGB.icm -ia ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc rgb.tif cmyk.tif

then the output image is the same as if I converted with Imagemagick's
convert, or other tools I have tried. If I run cctiff with

cctiff -ia sRGB.icm -ia ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc rgb.tif cmyk.tif

then the output image is slightly different.

What is the reason why I can specify multiple intent options, and what does
the second cctiff invocation differently?

Thank you to give me some insight,

Martin