[argyllcms] Re: [argyllcms] targen parameter "m" - what's it for?

  • From: "Gerhard Fuernkranz" <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:09:34 +0200 (MEST)

Greg,

correct. It adds patches to the target, which are arranged in a regularly
spaced "color cube" (in device space) consisting of m^3 (RGB) or m^4 (CMYK)
data points.

> But the default value of 2 is far too low for it to mean this!

Right, -m2" covers only the extremes. But I wouldn't imply that it is far
too low, since the full-spread patches (-f) cover the whole gamut much
better and much more uniform anyway, than a regularly spaced grid in device
space would do.

Regards,
Gerhard

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More +++