[argyllcms] Re: [argyllcms] Re: "RGB"-printer and inversion in blacks

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 19:05:58 +0400

Hello, Graeme. Thank You for Your attention.
Is it possible to detect the "rise to a dip" behavior in profiling software
itself? May be there is an automatic work-around method possible for such
devices?
I can imagine that the profiler performs the test like mine automatically -
inverse then forward conversion of a grey gradient and the checking the
resulting gradient for monotonicity. If non-monotonicity is detected, some
work-around can be performed while profile re-computing. I think the gray scale
monotonicity is the most important and it's will be acceptable to check only
greyscale inversion.