[argyllcms] Re: [argyllcms] Re: Are there the executables update for "Argyll ColorManagement V0.70 Beta 8"

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 01:32:54 +0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 19:58:33 +1000
Subject: [argyllcms] Re: Are there the executables update for "Argyll
ColorManagement V0.70 Beta 8"

> I'm afraid I don't have any tools to build Win64 executables, and I
> suspect there is little point in doing so, since 32 bit exe's seem
> to run perfectly fine on Vista 64.

Yes, a 32-bit Argyllcms .EXEs are runing on Vista 64. Moreover, the dispwin is
capable to load TRC into ATI card DAC LUT succsessfully.

> Accessing instruments on the other hand,
> is a problem. Only serial instruments and the Huey will work on Vista 64.
> (You can thank Microsoft and their driver code signing requirements for this.)
>
> Graeme Gill.

I have XiRite "i1 Display" and "i1 Pro". The X-Rite's i1Match_3.6.1 runs and
communicates vith the i1 Display on Vista 64 without any problems. May be it's
possibly to use the native, Microsoft-signed X-rite drivers to access the
instruments? I'm not checking yet, the i1 Pro must work in Vista 64 too. I've
setup on Vista "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.1" with no success...