[argyllcms] Re: Writing plot values from xicclu to text file

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:50:42 +1000

Fritz Mahnke wrote:

> Inputting these values interactively gives me the same CMYK output
> values as the plot I see when I use the -g parameter:
>
> ./xicclu -v 2 -kz -fif -ir -l290 felt_ecru_avg.icc

> Now, my only question is how the black point for the plot is chosen by
> xicclu. The point chosen by xicclu is different from that of the
> profile I'm using. Starting from the beginning:

> ./colprof -v -qm -b -cmt -dpp felt_ecru_avg
> Black point XYZ = 0.039661 0.041151 0.030580, Lab = 24.048349 -0.023773
> 2.361485

Hi,

I'm not really sure why they are slightly different, at least not
without spending a fair amount of time tracing the code out.

The algorithm is notionally the same, although there is a slight
random element because it is using an optimisation algorithm,
and there are local minima in the optimisation surface.

But a simple explanation might be that the ink limits are not the same.
Is the same ink limit being used for colprof as xicclu ?