[argyllcms] Re: What about buying/donating a colormunki?

  • From: "Hal V. Engel" <hvengel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 15:28:44 -0800

On Saturday 06 December 2008 14:04:28 Peter Karp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one month ago I e-mailed Hal, because in the Open ICC list there was a
> mentioning of using $1000 from Googles code of summer project for a
> Munki for Graeme. I wanted to know the state, because otherwise I
> would have liked to donate too. So count me in also.
>
> Maybe Hal could just post what happend (or not) with the Google
> funding? But anyway, Pizza is of course always needed for a programmer
>
> :-)
>
> Best regards
> Peter

At this point the GSoC funds are in limbo while Kai-Uwe is working out the
administrative end of things.  I think he found a tax exempt organization that
would hold the funds and that would handle the administrative end of things.
But I don't know what the status is exactly at this point since Kai-Uwe was
handling this.  We had some consensus that one of the things we would like to
do is to fund a colormunki for Graeme so that drivers would be developed.  We
also wanted to sponsor a ICC membership as well.

We also have another possible source of funding from a large organization
(sorry I can't give any details at this time) for color management related
work and one of the proposals that was put forward was funding for this same
sort of thing but also possibly actually funding the work itself in addition
to the measurement device(s).  At this point we don't know the status of this
funding but we should know more in a few weeks.

Hal