[argyllcms] Re: "Washed" / low contrast colors on calibrated display

  • From: "Frédéric Crozat" <fred@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:58:19 +0100

On Jan 7, 2008 1:46 PM, Frédéric Crozat <fred@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 12:46 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Frédéric Crozat wrote:
> > > Ok, I guess I'll stop playing with trying to change whitepoint and use
> > > one of those "predefined", even if their
> > > value look crazy.
> >
> > Pick the one closest to D65 if you are targeting sRGB.
>
> Now, I just need to discover which one is supposed to be closer to
> D65. I'll try to re-run dispcal -E

Hmm, just wondering : I found on lcms-user a post from Hal Engel (
http://www.mail-archive.com/lcms-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg02180.html
) explaining that Huey ambiant light
sensor is always reporting 5000K as color temperature (it seems to
confirm my findings).

Graeme, are you aware of this problem ? It might be better to not
output any value instead of a constantly broken value.

I was also wondering the "real" difference between huey and hueyPro :
Pantone is saying they "upgrade" the sensor firmware but I have some
doubts about that and I guess that is their way of "selling" a pure
software upgrade (which is not needed for argyllcms luky users ..).

--
Frederic Crozat