[argyllcms] Re: Using a RGB-Camera as colorimeter

  • From: "Charlie" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "chpine2" for DMARC)
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 11:17:02 -0700

The people who do Raw Therapee make .dcp profiles from ColorChecker shots submitted to them per their instructions. I gave them a shot for the Fuji X-Pro2, and they would not use it until I did it again properly. Would one of these serve as a profile for the purpose under discussion here?

On 11/3/2017 10:16 AM, Ben Goren wrote:

...And, since the original question is about using a camera as a colorimeter...to even pretend to start down that path, you're going to need a best-of-breed camera profile. And, for that, you have basically three options...