[argyllcms] Unable to run scanin

  • From: Hening Bettermann <hein.be@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:19:52 +0200

Hi,

I am trying Argyll to create a camera ICC profile. Based on the tutorial, I tried to run scanin like this: (Mac 10.4.11)

scanin -v Fuji_E900.TIF ColorChecker.cht ColorChecker.cie -p -dipn

but there is no output. The only thing that happens is that the Terminal displays something that looks like the manpage of scanin.

I can not claim to be "familiar" with Unix. Based on Andy Mroczkowski's tutorial
http://mrox.net/blog/?s=unix

which was the most basic tutorial I could find, I created a mini- tutorial for myself, which I followed:

scanin is placed in a folder Home/bin.
On the desktop, I have prepared a folder called Fuji_E900_f, containing the ColorChecker image: Fuji_E900.TIF, ColorChecker.cht and ColorChecker.cie.

Exact procedure:

Open Terminal. Type "cd-space". Drag above folder into the Terminal window. Type "enter-space". Paste "scanin -v Fuji_E900.TIF ColorChecker.cht ColorChecker.cie -p -dipn". Type "Enter".

What is wrong? This procedure has worked with dcraw and tca_correct.

Sorry to bother you with such a basic question, but what else can I do?
Hening.