[argyllcms] Re: Spped in profile on version 0.7 beta8

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:59:20 +1000

Mihai Zahorski wrote:

I have started using the new version, but it needs twice as more time to
create a profile than version 0.5, on High quality. I use also sRGB profile
to create perceptual tables too. At a first glance, it seems new_gammap is
using half of the time needed bu the entire process. I was wondering what
parameters I can change in the code to get the same performance as before,
or what factors can make this step so costly.

Sorry, V0.5 is very old, and there have been a huge number of changes
since then, so I have little idea. It would be unusual though for the
gamut mapping to take much of the total time. Usually the slowest process
is creating the B2A table, followed by creating the A2B table.

You'd have to send me a .ti3 file and the command line you used
for me to say anything more.