[argyllcms] Re: Scanner profiling, it8.7/2

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:07:20 +1000

Simon Burrell wrote:
>    Profile check complete, peak err = 23.656901, avg err = 3.248197

Hi, you don't say what sort of profile you have chosen, matrix or cLUT.

It's not that unusual to have such a fit for a scanner though, particularly
if it's a matrix profile.

> The first thing that stands out is the line, "682 useful edges out of 2130"
> - does this suggest an error in my .tif file?  There also seems to be a lot

No, that's just internal processing information.

> of rotation work - would re-scanning my target and attempting to get it
> straighter benefit?

There is very little rotation (-0.114407 degrees). As long as it's detected
properly, this is quite normal.

The important thing if you are worried, is to check the diagnostic output
(scaning -dipn)