[argyllcms] "RGB"-printer and inversion in blacks

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:04:31 +0400

Hello, Graeme.
Can You take a look on the device (TI3 attached in archieve)?
Perceptual and Saturation intents in ArgyllCMS profile are OK, but relative
intent is quite strange: there is lightness inversion at the black side of a
gray gradient.
I know that the device is behaved bad. But I didn't expecting that there will
be lightness reverse at a black side. See the boxes below the 8..18 numbers in
Test_relative.png attachment. It seems that the black point is lighter than
some intermediate dark gray.
I'm searching a way how to achieve a uniform gradient with relative intent.