[argyllcms] Re: R: Re: Neutralize Grey Axis

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 18:53:56 +1100

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
Indeed there seem to exist color appearance models, like iCAM, that
attempt to deal with spatial appearance phenomena (such as spatially
varying adaptation, i.e. assuming a different adaptation state for each
image pixel, as each pixel of the image is surrounded by a different
(sub)image). I'm wondering, how well such a model would serve the above
purpose (admittely I've never tested iCAM so far).

I think that they would be a good start, but the wild card is always
the other factors, such as surround etc.

Graeme.