[argyllcms] Profile for printing on aluminum

  • From: Kai Schaeffer <ks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:50:13 +0200

Hello,

we have an inkjet printer which is able to print on aluminum (under anodised coating). It's working quite well so far we only have some big problems with the color profile. Right now we have no good profile. Over Gretag Macbeth we found a dealer who tried to create a CMYK profile for us. The dealer told us, that they had some trouble to create the profile. The main problem is, that the reflection of the aluminum is very high. Usually the instruments measure the backscattered light and so they get low signals especially for the bright colors. Nevertheless they created a profile but there are some shifts in the colors (brown is shifting to red for instance). It seems that a color measurement instruments with an integrating sphere would work better. Actually we need an instrument to measure the charts. For several reason I would appreciate if I could us "Argyll CMS" to generate the profiles. Does anyone see a chance to solve our problems with Argyll CMS? What device could we buy?

Thank you,
Kai

--
Schaeffer AG Dipl.-Phys. Kai Schaeffer Vorstand
Hohentwielsteig 6a             Tel. +49-30-8058695-25

HRB 93611 B, Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg
Vorstand: Jörg Schaeffer, Kai Schaeffer
Aufsichtsrat: Dieter Kersten (Vorsitzender)