[argyllcms] Probably error in printcal?

  • From: Dmitriy Chaplygin <1098412@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 04:40:45 +0300

Probably error in printcal?

Situation:
I did calibration of the printer of Epson 1410, using WinGP - Photoshop for
windows plugin - generally it is interpretation GimpPrint of a plug-in.
Thus, any color correction has been removed for the editing account model
xml media xml - all density parameters are led 1.0000 It turned out as
though raw the device, however formally it is a color correction mode -
uncorrected (in terminology(nomenclature) gutenprint). Thus, absolutely
"crude" device, without any linearization, ink limits and other turned out.

Workflow consists of several targets (passes). Here commands:

The first pass:
targen.exe-v-d4-l100-f0-m0-s142 _1_PreGammaBD
printtarg printtarg_6x6.exe-v2-a0.6-T 360-ii1-p210x297-L-m0-R17
_1_PreGammaBD
We print on not linearized "raw" the printer
chartread.exe-v _1_PreGammaBD
We have _1_PreGammaBD.cal

On this first pass I would define "gamma" of not linearized printer for this
purpose that afterwards at generation of the second target to use a key-p
"Gamma".
On the first pass we have "gamma" - 3.19

The second pass:
targen.exe-v-d4-l100-f0-m0-s142-p3.19-w-W _2_PostGammaBD
printtarg printtarg_6x6.exe-v2-a0.6-T 360-ii1-p210x297-L-m0-R17
_2_PostGammaBD
We print on not linearized "raw" the printer
chartread.exe-v _1_PreGammaBD
We have _2_PostGammaBD.cal

And here now, that the target of the first pass "did not go to waste", we
connect them together. Simply in the text editor it is united the data of
two files and we increase parameter "NUMBER_OF_SETS" to the necessary amount
of patches - 1136.
Only here the most interesting are what data of pass are the first.
At me turned out a little though and it is insignificant, but different
results depending on what data of pass is the first in a file (above).
I understand that the difference in cflibration curves in this case is
almost insignificant. Nevertheless, ti3 I (and it is natural not only) use
the same method of join of the given files and for profiling, that is
regularly uniting the data for creation PreProfile - the first pass - and
the data ti3 the second pass. Thus, I never gave values to what data is the
first, and what the second.

However, after today's experiment with printcal, I would like find out, -
different calibration curves how the result of operation of a certain
program with ti3 the data, is a special case (bug) printcal and whether can
join process ti3 files (one, two, three) to influence operation colprof go
other ArgyllCMS units?
Can be eat there are any recommendations which is mandatory it is necessary
to adhere at merge of the data ti3?
For example, whether open numbering of all patches is necessary, that is
whether field SAMPLE_ID influences operation printcal, colprof, mppprof and
other units? Or it generally can be deleted from ti3? And what, for example,
if all fields SAMPLE_ID will be any arbitrary digits, for example all "1"?
Or nevertheless it is necessary and enough observance _только_ for
regularity of field value NUMBER_OF_SETS?

It is in advance grateful for any answers!

--
Yours faithfully,
Dmitriy Chaplygin.