[argyllcms] Re: Printtarg Options

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:06:42 +0100

Hello,
The -k options are only used with grayscale testcharts (created with targen -d1), and only when a ps (default) or eps file is written with printtarg. They take no additional parameters, and just specify how gray values are encoded. For example, 50% gray can be written as 50% DeviceGray (-kg), as 0% 0% 0% 50% CMYK (-kc), as 50% Black (-ks) or as DeviceN (available in postscript level 3, with DeviceGray as fallback). Normally, on a b/w or CMYK printer, any of these gray representations should result in a 50% black (as in, only using black ink or toner) patch.

Regards,

Florian Höch

Mike Bowers schrieb:
Hi,
Could someone enlighten me on the -kg, -kc, -ks and -kn options for printtarg?
I am assuming they specify black generation of the target files.
Should numbers follow any of these options to control their results?
I'm asking because of the comment: "a Black separation color can be specified(-ks)"

Would this look something like:. -ks 0 85 55 100 ?

Many thanks,
Mike