[argyllcms] Re: Please tell me I'm doing something wrong because I'm really starting to hate Photoshop!

  • From: nome cognome <darkbasic4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 03:12:49 +0200

I compiled Cinepaint 0.25 cvs.
If I convert back the image from ProPhoto to the printer profile, I
get horrible results with cinepaint too (though times better than
photoshop):
http://darkbasic.homelinux.com/varie/argyll/wasinprinterprofile_thenprophotocinepaint_nowprinterprofilecinepaint.png

If I use Cinepaint's gamut warning (which is really, really better
than the photoshop one), I saw some very very little areas out of the
printer's gamut in the file with the prophoto profile.
There shouldn't be...

If I instead convert back the printer profile with Argyll's gamut
mapping and relative intent:
http://darkbasic.homelinux.com/varie/argyll/back_again_to_printerprofile_with_argyll_relative.png
Ta-daaaaaa! The original photo! Argyll succeeded where both photoshop
and cinepaint failed! :D