[argyllcms] Re: Photoshop CS4/CS5 believes colprof XYZ LUT profiles are 'defective'

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:26:45 +1100

Alexander wrote:
So if I'm understanding correctly, use of this profile would result in a
reduced luminance white point and increased banding from clipped values
(~94% vs>=97% usable)?

The white point will be a little off, but there shouldn't be any
clipping. What you're seeing is the normal error due to the cLUTs
discrete nature.

Any manual tweaking I can do in the meantime with my ti3 measurements or
colprof in order to forcibly generate a XYZ profile ACE finds acceptable?

Nothing I can think of. You can download the (hopefully) fixed version
made from your .ti3 file here
<http://www.argyllcms.com/GDM-F520_2011-01-14_fix.icm>