[argyllcms] Re: Meter autodetection upsets Lumagen scaler on serial port
- From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 15:46:39 +1100
James Finnie wrote:
FTDI based USB serial converter.
I initially thought it was just throwing up the status screen on the
Lumagen. However I now realised after some measurements settings that
I couldn't quite get my head around, I realised that other things can
happen - like changing inputs (the numbers would cause that), output
resolution, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it change memories too
(which can result in different CMS settings being loaded) - though not
totally sure how that could have happened from the string you listed.
OK - yes, that's seems like the sort of thing each character will will trigger.
Unfortunately neither Lightspace nor Chromapure can communicate with
the unit in any of these alternative modes.
Hmm. The Lumagen is rather painful to communicate with. Looking
at what their software does, an awful lot of it's command set
and behavior is not documented, and is inconsistent with what is documented.
(i.e. Delimeters on doesn't seem to apply to the single character menu
There are two things I can do, the first being to check if
the first character of my test string is echo'd, before sending
the rest of the string that may upset the Lumagen. That won't
help if echo is off though (and it's not clear if the ";" character
will actually do anything).
So I'll also add an environment variable that allows suppression of
auto scanning of the specified serial ports.
Other related posts: