[argyllcms] Re: Measured Lab impossible with DispcalGUI

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 21:10:34 +0200

Hi Marco,

Am 28.08.2010 19:37, schrieb Marco N.:
I' m trying some calibration on a netbook with DispcalGUI 0.5.8.1and
Argyll 1.1.1 (last version of Argyll doesn't work with my i1 Pro). To
validate the final result I use the useful validation feature of
DispcalGUI but with some profiles I obtain strange measured values
like in these two cases (look at the attachment): black is Lab 0.0x,
and all dark swatches are read darker. Is this normal?

Thank you Marco

The display seems to have drifted quite a bit, which might explain the worser results from the more recent report (the older one looks reasonable imo). I would guess this could explain the differences. The exceptional black point indeed seems a bit fishy though, but the brightness of the display is low with only roughly 77-82 cd/m2, which could explain that also?

Regards
--
Florian Höch