[argyllcms] Ink Limiting

  • From: Jason Campbell <campbell.jj76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 21:26:11 -0400

Despite no feedback from my last post, I continued to poke and prod at
various settings calling colprof.  I am still stuck trying to get a
resulting profile to come out with no ink limiting.  I have tried -l400 but
even though it reports no limiting (I use the -v option to see the
additional reporting) the output curves show a tail-off that looks like
about 270%.  A key note here is due to a specific test I am trying, I have
disabled black generation, so this is a CMY-only profile.  So technically
I'd say 300% ink, but it is all the same (yeah, I tried -l300 too).  Is this
behavior simply not overridable and just the nature of the profile
generation?  Perhaps I am misunderstanding some nuances to the calculation
process (the curves, clut building, etc).  So I ask again, anyone have any
feedback on this?  Graeme, you may be the only one that can really answer
this?  Bottom line is that when I start doing B2A lookups (Lab->CMY), I
never am able to get any further out than roughly the 270% total ink, and I
really need to get a lot closer to 300% if at all possibleŠ  Is it?