[argyllcms] Re: Ink Limit of Laserprinter

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:10:08 +1000

On Mi, 23 Jul 2008, "\"Gerhard Fürnkranz\"" <nospam456@xxxxxx> wrote:
Some/many probably do, but I would not generalize that. Mine start showing
signs of over-toning
beyond about 250%. And I have even doubts, that heavy over-tonig is harmless
for a laser
printer.

In my experience it's harmless if it is only a small area. I've seen a digital
copier
after it tried to print a 400%, full black page, and it was not a pretty sight
- toner
*everywhere*, and the fuser completely jammed. It needed a visit from a service
person
and some new parts to get it going again. Small areas, no problems though,
although the
toner may flake off, and you may get a shadow on subsequent prints.