[argyllcms] Re: Homebrew ColorChecker

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:57:25 +1100

Ben Goren wrote:
Anyway, if  I were  going to create  a homebrew  ColorChecker, I'd
take a  real ColorChecker to the  paint store. If doing it  on the
cheap, I'd just  get paint chips that seemed  like good candidates

Certainly if you want to (say) paint a color viewing area a nice
neutral, you can go into a paint store and get them to match
the appropriate neutral patch on the Colorchecker. Most paint matching
systems strive for a spectral match and grey should be well in gamut (:-)
 so the result should be pretty close.