[argyllcms] Re: HDTV, IRE, and Rec709 - oh my.

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:24:42 +0100

Yes, 20p RGB controls can be used for both white balance and tonal
response adjustments. Move R,G,B together to adjust the luminance.

Yes, color controls can be used for „gamut mapping”.

Different input frequencies can trigger different panel refresh rates
and thus different panel driving schemes. It can make significant
difference but it depends on your TV model and your setting (for
examle, 24Hz can be displayed in 60Hz or 76/96Hz modes).

Try the CRT but note that these PDPs have wide gamut, so you probably
need correction matrices.