[argyllcms] Re: Gamut warning in CS5

  • From: Tomasz Danus <t.danus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 12:50:47 +0100

Hi,

Gamut warning - it will tell you which color is outside capability of
specific combination of printer inks and paper - bu and this is a big
BUT it will NOT tell you how far outside given gamut that color is -
It can be simply just outside the edge of possible reproduction of
color or it could be miles away

better way of prediction:  soft proofing - (good) profiled monitor and
proper paper/printer profile will give you good or very good results.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/soft-proofing.shtml

--
t.danus@xxxxxxxxx
Skype: Ithilstone