[argyllcms] Re: Fwd: Re: colprof: Error - rev: bwd vertex 0 is not prime or secondary

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 00:51:53 +1100

Rick Richardson wrote:
$ colprof -v -D"Printer B" -qm  -cmt -dpp -kr 2530Total ink limit being
used
colprof: Error - rev: bwd vertex 0 is not prime or secondary

Hmm. Your .ti3 file is not valid. It contains zero values
for most patch combinations. This is quickly evident from the message:

Approximate White point XYZ = 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000, Lab = 0.000000
0.000000 0.000000

A white of zero is fairly obviously bogus.

It's not clear how you created the .ti3 file, since you haven't provided
the input profile you used or the scanin commands you used. Using some arbitrary
input profile I was able to create a .ti3 with valid looking
values from the TIFF scan files and .cht files, and create
a profile successfully. The only issue I had was that the
scan files are so big that they choked scanin, as well as being
very noisy (moire due to the print screen interacting with the scanner ?),
causing some image recognition issues, so I had to down sample
them by a factor of 8 first.