[argyllcms] Re: Figure out setting for RGB LED lights with AgryllCMS?

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:31:38 -0700
On 2010 Feb 12, at 12:28 PM, Christian Mayer wrote:

> I want to figure out the percentual setting of the R, G and
> B component so that I can get a white with a given white point (e.g. 3000K)?
>
> So far I can use spotread to figure out the color temperature of the
> current setting, but I'd need it the other way round...

There would be two basic approaches, I would think.

First would be to treat it as an output device and actually profile it. You can
use targen to create a .ti1 file, which contains RGB values. Then, run
chartread in emissive patch-by-patch mode, doing whatever you need to do set
the lights between readings.

Or, if the lights aren't controllable programmatically, the simplest thing to
do would be to simply take iterative readings with spotread. Take a reading,
fiddle a knob, take another reading. If it gets worse, fiddle the knob the
other way. Repeat with all the knobs until you've got the results you want.

Cheers,

b&