[argyllcms] Re: False colors with shaper/matrix display profiles

  • From: Oliver Schulz <whisp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:06:39 +0200

> > Oh, yeah, forgot that info in my original posting:
> > Input profile was the standard sRGB profile in all cases.
>
> Are you sure ? If you do an iccdump on it, are the
> 'rTRC' etc. tags size 2060, or something else (ie. like 14) ?

I embedded the sRGB profile in the input picture, so yes.

'iccdump -t rTRC -s input.tif' results in:

  Embedded profile found at file offset 1876466 (0x1ca1f2)
  Curve:
    No. elements = 1024

> The real sRGB has shapers, but there are some false sRGB
> profiles floating about that have gamma curves instead.

I got the sRGB profile out of the Adobe profiles package.
Profile Info: Copyright 1998 by HP, description is
sRGB IEC61966-2.1. Profile file size is 3144 byte,
md5sum is 1d3fda2edb4a89ab60a23c5f7c7d81dd.

> > Yes, Scribus, tifficc and ImageMagick all use lcms, i think.
> > So, a bug in lcms?
>
> Probably.

Hm, I'll look for a newer lcms version.

Oliver