[argyllcms] Detecting if a point is in or out of gamut

  • From: John Weissberg <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:27:38 -0400

We are building printer profiles. We are searching for a method to detect whether a given point in is in or out of the printer's gamut.

I understand that many people feel the data in the gamt tag cannot be used reliably.

If we have access to the original measurement data used to create the ICC profile in the first place, is there a reliable method to determining whether a point is in/out of gamut?

Do any of the existing functions/methods in argyll cms do this?