[argyllcms] DTP20 in tethered mode

  • From: "Martin Weberg" <martin.weberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:18:13 +0200

Hi,

I'm having trouble reading data from a DTP20 in tethered mode.

targen -d3 -g21 -m5 -f1680 -w d3_g21_m5_f1680
printtarg -i20 -e -pA4 d3_g21_m5_f1680
printread -v d3_g21_m5_f1680

It connects and 'printread' tells me to read strip A:

Steps in each Pass = 30
Passes in each Strip = 18, 19, 19
Instrument Type:       DTP20
Serial Number:         005297
Main Date Code:        FB01
Main Version:          1.03
Boot Version:          1.03
About to read strip pass A
Trigger instrument switch or any key to start, Esc, ^C or Q to give up:

I read strip pass A and for a few seconds (too long I think) the program
halts and returns:

Strip read OK
About to read strip pass B
Trigger instrument switch or any key to start, Esc, ^C or Q to give up:
Strip read failed due to misread (Unexpected instrument status)
Hit Esc to give up, any other key to retry:

All this is displayed at once, I do not have a chance reading strip pass B.

What could be wrong here? DTP20 memory cleared. Firmware 1.03. Same problem
on XP/Vista and v0.70 beta3/beta4 using precompiled binaries.

Regards
Martin Weberg