[argyllcms] ColorMunki Spacer Setting in printtarg

  • From: "Alan Goldhammer" <agoldhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:42:17 -0400

I have done a reasonably good profile for Ilford Gold Fiber Silk using 980
patches that are read by ColorMunki (max error=1.618, avg=0.343).  I went
back and reread about 14 rows that contained patches with a relatively high
error value.  The reread didn't make that much difference and I'm wondering
whether the color spacers between the patches makes a difference (I think
there was some discussion of this either in the documentation or the
listserve).  I believe this is the default for the ColorMunki in printtarg
as the only setting I used was '-h' which gives larger patches.  What has
been the experience with other users of this spectro with regard to color or
NO color spacers.  I'm likely to get a i1Pro soon and note that the same
issue might come up here.  I would appreciate any thoughts users have on
this.

thanks,

Alan