[argyllcms] ColorMunki Photo spectral resolution

  • From: Keith Winstein <keithw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:39:37 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I'm considering buying a ColorMunki Photo to experiment with Argyll and a color-managed video player I am working on.

Wanted to confirm -- does the Munki support the 3.33 nm "high resolution" -H mode in dispread and dispcal?

The 1.1.0 rc1 source suggests the answer is "yes," but wondering Graeme or someone else has actually tried it and what the results were.

Also, I noticed that the choice of 3.33 nm spacing seems to be Argyll's decision and the frequency-space filtering is done in software. Out of curiousity, how well-characterized are the actual raw bands used by the instrument? Is it known what the magnitude response curve of a single raw band looks like?

Have enjoyed reading through the list archives and thank you for what looks like an excellent program.

Best regards,
Keith