[argyllcms] Change of illuminant

  • From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 09:22:34 -0500

Hi,

Using spotread one can simulate other standard illuminant then D50_2 and or some illuminant for which you have the spectrum, right?

Is there a way to simulate another illuminant for a .ti3 file?

The scenario is to  create a dual illuminant (dcp) camera profile.

I'm using a camera to shoot a target that I'll read with scanin.

The lighting I useare not a "perfect" D65 illuminant and the other isn't a perfect stdA illuminant either.

Assuming it's possible, I wonder how "good" would be the results compared to using an ideal illuminant? Is it worth the trouble? Is there a way to analyze the results?

I have an I1 pro 2 so I can obtain reference spectrum for the target and the actual illuminants.

Any suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks,
Yves