[argyllcms] Re: Can compile argyllcms for freebsd, but can't find usb devices.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:09:03 +1000

Arnaud Houdelette wrote:

> My NAS / Home Cinema PC is under FreeBSD. I would have liked to calibrate my
> VP using the
> full video chain (including drivers/videocard) under freebsd.
>
> I was able to compile Argyll 1.5.1 (using 1.4.0 libusb).
> dispwin can load/unload existing icc profiles. but dispread/dispcal can't
> enumerate usb
> devices :

Hi,
        BSD is not currently supported. There is the beginnings of support
in spectro/usbio_bsd.c, but it is far from finished. As noted in that file,
there as also some unresolved problems, such as BSD having no mechanism to time
USB I/O transactions out.

ArgyllCMS no longer uses libusb, although it continues to use the libusb-win32
USB kernel driver.