[argyllcms] Re: CMYK CGATS from ColorPort

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 21:23:45 -0700
On 2006 Jul 1, at 8:50 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Ben Goren wrote:
>
>> However, when I try to run profile, this is what I get:
>>
>> $  profile -v  -q h  -i  D50 -o  1931_2 -c  2  -d 0  -r 1.3  -S
>> /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/BetaRGB.icc  -A Canon  -M i9900  -D
>> "`basename\"\`pwd  \`\"`"  -C  "Copyright (c)  2006  Ben  Goren
>> <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" "`basename \"\`pwd\`\"`"
>> Total ink limit being used is 240%
>> No black ink limit being used
>> No of test patches = 920
>> profile: Error - Input file doesn't contain field SPEC_000
>
> It's a bug in logo2cgats. I'll fix it.
>
> Edit the .ti3 file and make sure it has:
>
> SPECTRAL_BANDS "31"
> SPECTRAL_START_NM "400"
> SPECTRAL_END_NM "700"

That did the trick perfectly. Or, at  least, well enough for me to
figure out that  this particular RIP doesn't give  me enough extra
anything to make it worth my while to spend more time on it.

(If I  did prepress proofing,  it'd probably be worthwhile,  but I
don't.  The RIP doesn't give full  control over all eight inks, so
there's nothing  to be  gained with  that. It can't  do borderless
printing  with  non-standard  sizes,  even though  it's  only  for
marketing  reasons  that Canon  doesn't  do  that with  their  own
driver. And I don't think I care much for the way its color engine
does its thing.)

Cheers,

b&