[argyllcms] Black poit problem on a laptop LCD

  • From: Alberto Ferrante <alberto.ferrante@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 11:14:59 +0100

Hi all,
I am experiencing a problem in calibrating a laptop LCD display. When I
set color managed applications to use the generated profile, I get some
strange problems with the shadows (they get much lighter than they
should be and colors are weird). I think that the problem is given by a
wrong black point computation somewhere. Colprof says that:
Black point XYZ = 0.025808 0.026334 0.046194, Lab = 18.511437 0.809366
-17.014570
that is probably where the mistake is.
The calibration profile looks fine (i.e., non color managed applications
show images in a correct way).

Any help in solving this problem would be really appreciated! I tried
different options in the different steps of the calibration/profiling
process, without success.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
        Alberto