[argyllcms] Re: Beta 8 on OS X 10.5.2

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 13:00:12 -0700
On 2008 May 17, at 6:37 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Ben Goren wrote:
>
>> Do you need more information?
>
> What rev. of Eye-One is it ?

> Try running spotread  with the -D flag, and see  if it gives any
> clues  as to  where  or why  communication  with the  instrument
> failed.

spotread  works fine  (reports color  XYZ,  etc.) until  I try  to
exit. Then:

Spot read stopped at user request!
Hit Esc, ^C or Q to give up, any other key to retry:

i1pro: Write EEProm address 0x0 size 0x428
(NOT) Write 0x428 bytes, ICOM err 0x0

i1pro: Write EEProm address 0x800 size 0x428
(NOT) Write 0x428 bytes, ICOM err 0x0

i1pro: Terminate switch Handling

i1pro: Terminate Switch Handling failed with ICOM err 0x200
^Cusb_close_port() called

It hangs until ^C

>> (My arm's in a sling, else I'd try more stuff first....)
>
> Sounds bad if it's your main typing arm :-)

It is...

I got rear-ended  by an SUV while bicycling home  from work on Jan
2.  Shoulder was dislocated. Last Tuesday  was surgery to repair a
torn labrum  and capsule. It  went well,  I should  get everything
back...but I'm in the sling for ??? weeks....

> Hope it's getting better.

It is, thanks. Haven't  needed painkillers yet today,  and I'll be
taking my first shower since the surgery in a bit.

> I'd basically  sit tight  until I make  the next  release, which
> should be "real soon now".

I can wait! Actually, I've learned  lots of patience recently.  No
point in being in a hurry....

I'll be (slowly)  doing lots of photography the  next couple weeks
for  a local  woodworking artist  who happens  to be  my dad. Been
meaning to do it, and now I've got the time, if not the limbs....

Cheers,

b&