[argyllcms] Re: Argyll Version 1.3.1 released

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:21:03 +1100

Sam Berry wrote:

I am having some issues with the new colprof....

I did a routine calibration/profiling of my Dell 2408WFP using my i1Pro.
The calibration and dispreading went perfectly, even with task manager open.
The shaper/matrix profile generation (-as) however came up with errors of
2.25avg 11.0max on a display which normally does pretty well. The
calibration looked fine. A gamma/matrix (-ag) profile worked much better on
the same data (0.8avg, 4.2max). The shaper/matrix profile looked pretty bad
on test images, the gamma/matrix one looked fine.

Hi,
    yes I changed the shaper curve parameters a bit in V1.3.1 to help
solve some problems with the new code that tries to better extrapolate
the black and white points for an input profiles using -u. It seems
to have had a detrimental effect in fitting to your display though.

I have re-worked it somewhat to be a better compromise in both situations
here:

<http://www.argyllcms.com/colprof_mswin.zip>

See how you go with that.