[argyllcms] Re: Argyll DeviceLinks under Creative Commons licence

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 10:56:01 +0100

Roger Breton wrote:
> Interesting this business of black limit. In some US groups, I keep hearing
> from some people (individual), that black limit of 95% is outdated, that we
> should always use 100% instead. Any opinion Gerard? I am not knowledgeable to
> appreciate the difference but I sense that 95% is better.

Sorry, I don't know. Is ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc already outdated again?
Likely 95% vs. 100% won't make so much difference, regarding the
resulting colorimetry and gamut. I guess this is rather an issue of
changing/evolving (or just different) printing standards, than an issue
of color management.

-Gerhard