[argyllcms] Re: 10-bit/color systems

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 19:56:50 +0100

And two more things:

1:
MPC-HC can't produce 10 bit output with this FirePro neither.
I thought it's not a driver bug but a Radeon driver restriction. But I
shouldn't have this restriction with a FirePro driver after I enabled the
10-bit pixel format.
So, it's a bug in the software or in the drivers.

2:
The absolute colorimetric intent is still broken in MPC-HC.
But there is a strange thing here: When I installed this FirePro, I lost my
MS ICM configuration, so Windows acquired the Dell profile from Windows
Update.
I thought: Yes, they fixed MPC-HC! (I just updated it before this 10-bit
test.) But no... It's still bluish with my profiles (LUT or matrix, big or
small LUT, curves or gamma...) while it looks OK with the Dell profile.

I think it's not likely but possible that there is an incompatibility
between lcms2 and the profiles created by ArgyllCMS 1.3.x
I think the Dell profile is a v4 profile because there is a chromatic
adaptation tag in it. (And it's strange that I can't see any matrix in my
"single gamma + matrix" profile. Should I? - There are colorant and gamma
tags but there is no anything what I can recognize as a matrix, unlike the
chromatic adaptation tag in the Dell profile, which is clearly a matrix...)