[aravis] Re: GLib 2.24 and the 0.3.x Master Branch

  • From: Emmanuel Pacaud <emmanuel.pacaud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 18:30:06 +0100

Hi,

Le ven. 18 déc. 2015 à 22:44, Shaun Prickett <prickett@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi,
firstly I'd like to thank Emmanuel and all the other contributors to this project for all work that has been given to provide a genuinely useful library. Aravis has been my first experience of a glib/gobject project and it has been a pleasure to work with.

I've been asked to write a camera stream server for GeniCam cameras. This server must run on a locked down CentOS 6.5 system which as far as I can tell only supports GLib up to 2.24. It appears latest version on the master branch requires version 2.28. I'm up and running on the system with version 0.2.0 of aravis which I've manually patched with the camera discovery fix. I would like to integrate as much as possible from the master branch. How much of the version 0.3.X branch can is compatible with GLib 2.24?

I don't remember. glib 2.24 is quite old. You should try to install a recent glib on your system, in a custom prefix to avoid possible clashs with the system one. I'm happily running aravis master and glib 2.42 on a RHEL6 system.

It can be achieved by setting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable and by using the --prefix option of the configure scripts.

        Emmanuel.