[aravis] Re: Connecting to cameras on a different subnet

  • From: Emmanuel Pacaud <emmanuel.pacaud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 09:36:40 +0200

Hi Mike,

Le mar. 1 août 2017 à 9:19, Michael Gratton <mike@xxxxxxx> a écrit :

I'm trying to use Aravis compiled from git master to connect to a PointGray BlackFly GigE camera that has a fixed & known IP address. It is discovered, and I can connect to it and grab frames using arv-viewer and arv-tool from a computer that is connected to the same subnet as the camera.

However neither of these work using a computer connected to a different subnet, despite being able to ping it from both, and even if I use arv-tool's --address=... argument to specify the IP address of the camera.

Should this be working?

It should. It is the point of the --address option, as the discovery mechanism doesn't work when aravis and the device are not on the same subnet.

Could you open an issue on github with the output of `arv-tool-0.6 --debug=all:3` please ?

Please note arv-viewer only supports auto-discovered devices for now. There is no GUI or option for selecting a device by its IP address.

Cheers,

        Emmanuel.

----

Sent from Geary :)