[arachne] Re: arachne Digest V2 #135

  • From: "Glenn Gilbreath Jr." <wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:49:19 -0600

Hi Ray!

I'd like to send the sources to all my stuff...but there's a
problem.  Some of you might remember I had all my
stuff on an old 486DX4 100mHz user built computer.
Well, I had an unwanted visitor back at the first of this
year, a real winner!  He proceeded to tear into my PCs,
the one running as well as those I was working on.
One of the victims was my 486DX4...it is still in pieces.
I know, I should have kept backups, but things happened
too fast.  Ever have a 32 year old with the IQ of a 5 yr old?
Anyway, I've found most of the parts to the 486DX4, man
was I one aggravated wizard!  He even took the entire
motherboard out.  When I asked him "Why???  What were
you possibly looking for?"  All I received was a blank
stare.  He wiped out my extra hard drive with the backups
on it in a vain attempt to install Windows 95B on it.  He
then went after this one, my main machine, a Pentium 166
w/MMX, 96 meg RAM, and wanted to install New Deal
Geos on it, which he had gotten from some abandoneware
site!  He waited til I fell asleep, tried to install it, and I'll be
darned if it didn't over-write my boot files...you guessed,
this one wouldn't boot anymore.  That's when I told him
he would have to go!  Last I heard he had left the apartment
I helped him procure in my town and headed for Florida.
An experience I'll never forget, and never relive!  We could
probably do something with the source code for LSPPP,
since D Lindaur has made it available.  Joe daSilva has
made a configuration tool for LSPPP, I'm thinking it will even
work with WZPPP since I based it on David's LSPPP.  The
2 are fairly interchangeable.
C U L8R!
Wiz  <{;-)
(signature below)
At 04/17/04 10:37:00 AM, you wrote:
>Arachne at FreeLists---The Arachne Fan Club!
>
>> From: "Glenn Gilbreath Jr." <wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Hello Mel!
>
>> OK, the first thing I would try is a different PPP TCP/IP driver...
>> instead of EPPPD, try WZPPP or LSPPP.  You may need
>
>Hi Wiz,
>
>WZPPP eh?  All this stuff ain't my department.  I'm using Joe's
>adaptation of LSPPP right now with no problems, but I'm struck by the
>possibility of using something written by a member of our own family.
>Are your sources available?  If so, I think it would be very cool if
>folks like you and Joe would get together an make a PPP that could be
>considered to be *part* of Arachne GPL, not just something
>borrowed, if you get me.
>

>Ray Andrews,
>Arachne Sanitary Engineering Ltd.
>Vancouver, Canada
>
>-- Arachne V1.73 GPL/B3 :The best in freeware!
>

>Arachne at FreeLists
>-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --

Glenn Gilbreath, Jr.
Wizard57M
http://www.geocities.com/wizard57m/index.html