[arachne] Re: arachne Digest V2 #133

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:13:22 +0930

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:06:35 -0500 (EST), Arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> From: "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:52:43 -0500
> Subject: [arachne] Re: arachne Digest V2 #131

> This problem, "memory leak", with the insereted strings of odd
> characters is well known to Glennmc and the others and has been
> discussed extensively. I believe Glenn doesn't anticipate finding
> a solution in the forseeable future.

As long as it is on the list... I can't ask them to do the
impossible. A solution will probably come when it is least
expected.

But I suspect this one WON'T be solved until the whole of the
code has been "straightened out", at the very least. And that
looks like being a very long job.

>> I seem to be the only one that has the problem of lines and
>> partial lines disappearing and reappearing, often in the wrong
>> place.

> I haven't heard anyone else report this problem on the various
> lists. So far, this second problem seems unique to you, Greg.

Yes. I was hoping to find some factor in my setup that it related
to, which is why I installed OpenDOS. But that seems to have
caused a new lot of problems. Even booting now with MS-DOS is
introducing new problems in Arachne.

> Unfortunately, not all problems have solutions.

Correction: All problems have at least one solution. But not
necessarily any that are acceptable.

Greg

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --