[arachne] Re: [arachne]

  • From: "Peter Lawrence" <peterl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 13:56:25 +0011

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:08:45 +0200, Robert Riebisch wrote:

> Patrice Lemonnier wrote:

>> This page is in French and explain how to use arachen with the ADSL

> Why is it in French? Sorry, but English is *the* language on the net.

Presumably that would apply for a general email, but the original page
is a resource to help a certain group get started - a group that speaks
French. There should be no objection to that - it gets people closer to
communicating.

This reminds me of a test to see if something really is user friendly.
Change every "can" in the instructions to "must". If it's still
accurate, it's not user friendly at all, it's procrustean. Even though a
certain German once said "das man muss man kann". PML.
GST+NPT=JOBS

I.e., a Goods and Services Tax (or almost any other broad based production
tax), with a Negative Payroll Tax, promotes employme
t.

See http://member.netlink.com.au/~peterl/publicns.html#AFRLET2 and the other
items on that page for some reasons why.

-- Arachne V1.77+/B~5

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --