[arachne] Tough-to-capture screenshots

  • From: "John Hupp" <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 15:57:49 -0400

Screenshots aren't tough to get from Arachne (with PrtScr), so I must be talking about something else, right?

This is off-topic, but I'm hoping a developer here can answer this question out of hand.

I'm evaluating a freeware program manager called Access and wanted to capture some screenshots, but so far it has defied everything I've tried: VideoThief, Screen Thief, SuperClip and Windows 98's built-in utility. (Except that VideoThief will capture about the top 2/3 of the screen.) In Win 98 the program runs in a full-screen window on account of whatever video
modes the program uses.

Earlier versions of the program had a built-in screenshot utility triggered by the $ key, but this no longer works in v4.60 and v5.0. The current version is using the Allegro Game Library for its graphics core, if that tells you something.

I have emailed the author, Ronald Blankendaal (his site is at http://surf.to/AccessDosMenu), but I see that he does not have any current-version screenshots on his site, so perhaps he has the same problem.

But again, I'm guessing that one of you developers will size this little challenge up in short order.

--John Hupp

Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --