[arachne] Re: Open DOS & Editor

  • From: "John Sparks" <johncsparks@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:19:00 +0100

From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 7:35 AM

Subject: [arachne] Re: arachne Digest V2 #133

<snip>
> I am become convinced that there are gremlins in the hardware of
> my computer.
<snip>
To help eliminate possible problems I would suggest you run a memory
tester.

I have one memory stick which will run forever with one memory test
program but fails about once per hour on a free Micro$oft memory
tester. All pattern tests work OK, the only failures are of one bit
during random data tests. I had used this stick for some time before
realizing there was a hardware problem.

If you can't find a suitable program, the M$ one is "Windows Memory
Diagnostic" It runs from a stand-alone boot floppy. I could provide a
disk image if we both have the same imaging program?

John

---

-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --